Sunday 30 October 2016

The true love quest

I was in the park feeding ducks with my two and a half year old. My son loves animals. He can spend hours on end chasing after strange dogs or just staring at goats at our local farm. ......

I started writing this post three and half years ago, I never could complete it then. Three and half years later the above stands true. My son still loves animals, he has managed to extend his love to a few more strange species along the way. He will spend time in awe of the any new animal he encounters in real life or online. He will take time to know their names,habits and how they reproduce. He will draw them,he will research them. This is a self directed activity no one prompts him to learn or take time to know these animals. He recently stood firm in an argument with his sister. "no" he cried, "seals do not lay eggs". He has many similar discussions with his siblings and he will steadfastly correct them when he feels any of his beloved friends are not being well represented.

Now to me that is true love. This blog post has been in draft for almost five years now. An yet the above is still true, my son now has a collection of animals from A to Z. I have learnt so much about unconditional love from my son because of his love for animals. Recently he was schooling me on the Needlefish, it is not the most good looking of all fishes but he adores it. He sees beauty in these odd looking fish.

I hope I can say to my loved ones, I love you like my son loves a Needlefish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design