Friday 26 September 2014

Life| Not defined by my Hair!







Hi Guys Guess who is back..... Me! yaay.

I took a sabbatical for a while. This was not because I did not have anything to say, quite the contrary, I had bucket loads but I was not centred. You see I love to write I think it is the best outlet, however I did not want my posts to sound like a rambling fool.I needed to be grounded, to be focused and then truly continue with one of my passions - communicating through my blog posts.

So where to begin- lets work from now going backwards and sometimes forwards. I want us to start from now. Why? you would ask.  Well because today is a very good day. I let go, I did something spontaneous. I chopped my hair off! To some of you probably it is not a big deal. For me it is huge, you see I struggle with control issues. My life is run by schedules,plans diaries and forward planning, I have to after all I lead a very busy life (excuses). Yes I cannot let go so chopping my hair was huge. I woke up and after a 5minute discussion with my daughter I made an appointment with our family barber for the big chop. 



I have known our barber for over 4 years, he has been cutting my son's hair since he was a two. He is a very nice and quiet chap. So when I turned up asking him to cut all my hair off he could not hide his horror. He thought I was having a crisis of some sort. A crisis of the mental health kind. I had to reassure him that I was fine and all I wanted was a change. We discussed length, he still looked stunned but eventually cut my hair. My daughter made a day of the whole thing -makeover and a photo shoot followed.

Today was a good day. I let go, I was not predictable. I decided not to follow a schedule. I decided to live. This is very unfamiliar territory. I am loving it. Once in a while I will let go. I know I am going to raise eyebrows, but you know what, as my daughter eloquently says you only live once. I intend to live, not exist buried under diaries and schedules. Today marks the dawn of a new era in my life. Watch this space.

Asta la vista :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design